FORS Gold Accreditation
CT Glass are have achieved the highest accolade of FORS Gold. The Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) is a voluntary accreditation scheme for fleet operators which aims to raise the level of quality within fleet operations. It demonstrates which operators are achieving exemplary levels of best practice in safety, efficiency, and environmental protection.
Benefits of Achieving FORS Gold
- Driver health questionnaire – Conducted at induction and periodically every 2 years, supported by annual driver declarations. Eyesight checks are conducted at induction, periodically every 6 months and following an incident, collision or near miss.
- Recruitment – We pride ourselves on our workforce retention, having previously used temp to perm agency drivers to fill positions, we now encourage any persons from the warehouse/factory wishing to change skills to move across to the transport department.
- Noise assessment – All drivers have been issued with a decibel meter App on their smartphone to confirm any noise pollution they may be exposed to during their working day. Low noise emitting engines are specified for the lorry mounted forklifts to reduce exposure levels where reasonably practicable.
- Modal shift and alternative vehicles – Due to the fragile nature of glass products, once the load is secured onto the vehicle it is not wise to tranship to a donor vehicle and pallet networks are unable to deal with specialist glass products. CT Glass will look to source alternative fuelled vehicles once longer distances can be achieved, and refuelling stations are readily available.
- Continual fleet improvements – we will be purchasing Euro VI high visibility vehicles, fitted with 360’ cameras, revising the way we monitor driver fitness and health and utilising planning tools to reduce empty running. All with the aim of helping us improve safety, improve fuel efficiency and reduce our environmental impact.
- Working closely with our approved training provider Protea Training we make our vehicles readily available to be used in the Exchanging Places program.
- Enhanced Fleet management tools – TomTom Webfleet reduces empty running and manages driver behaviour. Monthly fuel reports are raised which record cruise control use and engine idling to reduce our environmental impact. Truckfile is utilised to maintain service documents allowing records to be held online and Clockwatcher tachograph analysis allows us to do daily downloads of the drivers tachographs, to optimise drivers hours whilst ensuring they are not fatigued.